From frequent respiratory infections to flare-ups that leave you gasping for air, living with chronic pulmonary disease can be physically—and emotionally—exhausting. Aside from managing your ongoing symptoms, you’re also juggling appointments with your medical providers, making trips to the ER, and sometimes, even dealing with hospitalizations.
So, what if there was a way to get the care you need in the comfort of your own home? That’s where we come in. Traditions Health’s INSPIRE program offers a new way to think about your pulmonary care, bringing everything you need directly to your door.
What is pulmonary care?
Pulmonary care focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing management of respiratory diseases like asthma, congestive heart failure, COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), cystic fibrosis, emphysema, lung cancer, pulmonary hypertension, and more.
Effectively meeting patients’ needs for ongoing pulmonary care involves a whole team of experienced medical professionals working together.
A pulmonary care team includes:
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Respiratory therapists
- Social workers
How is INSPIRE different?
The INSPIRE program offers everything a comprehensive pulmonary care program offers—we just bring it to you in a unique way. We still focus on the early identification and management of your symptoms. We still offer a plan tailored to your unique condition, needs, lifestyle, and health goals. The difference is that we’ve designed our services in such a way that you never have to leave the comfort of your home for pulmonary care.
One of the scariest parts of having a pulmonary disorder is not knowing when the next flare-up will happen.
“We tend to take breathing for granted,” says Brandi Pervel, BSN, RN, Traditions Health vice president of clinical performance and education. “It’s something we do every day without thinking about it until we have a difficult time getting air.”
“When that happens,” Brandi continues, “It’s helpful to have an action plan. Because early management is the best way to prevent complications, we create personalized plans of care based on each patient’s specific diagnosis and symptoms.”
Care plans can include some—or all—of these services and tools.
- Action plans. Working closely together, our experts will outline a plan for your pre-emergency and emergency care—and strategies to manage your ongoing symptoms.
- Comprehensive assessments. We’ll evaluate your medical history, symptoms, and lifestyle—all so we can create the treatment plan that’s right for you.
- Crisis management and support. You’ll have access to registered nurses who offer round-the-clock support.
- Patient and caregiver education. We’ll give you all the information you need to understand your medications, use your pulmonary care equipment properly, and make lifestyle changes that can have a significant impact on your health.
- Personalized treatment. We’ll tailor your treatment to your diagnosis, lifestyle, and needs. Treatment may include medications, nebulizer treatments, oxygen therapy, and more.
- Pulmonary journals. We’ll provide a pulmonary care journal to help you monitor your medications and symptoms. Your journal will also include other information to guide your care.
- Scheduled home and phone/telemedicine visits. We’ll schedule home visits and telemedicine appointments to monitor your condition, assess your response to treatment, and make any needed adjustments.
- Specialized medical equipment. You’ll have access to equipment like incentive spirometers and personal oxygen saturation monitors.
With a goal to ensure every patient lives their life to the fullest—and that every family member and caregiver is supported—we pour our heads and hearts into our work.
Through our INSPIRE program, we provide a wide range of benefits to improve your health and well-being, including:
- Enhanced quality of life. The program helps reduce symptoms like shortness of breath and can improve your quality of life.
- Improved access to care. You can access timely care from the comfort of your home, which helps reduce time spent in hospitals and clinics. Need support outside of scheduled appointments? Our nurses are available 24/7 for crisis management and support. You’ll also have access to a respiratory therapist if available.
- Reduced hospitalizations. By addressing symptoms early, INSPIRE helps reduce your time in the hospital. This minimizes the disruption and stress caused by frequent healthcare interventions. It also reduces the financial burden that comes with frequent hospital visits.
Traditions Health: Your trusted partner in pulmonary care
Access to quality care is essential if you’re living with pulmonary disease. And when you can receive that care from the comfort of your home, it makes managing your symptoms much easier. That’s why we’ve worked tirelessly to create a program to meet all your pulmonary care needs—and that meets you right where you are.
To qualify for the INSPIRE program, you must first have a referral from your healthcare provider.
Click the request care button below to learn more about how our INSPIRE program can help you breathe better at home.
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Advance Directive
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Home Health Care
- Hospice Care
- Multiple Myeloma
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Occupational Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Spiritual Counselor
- Stroke Patients